We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support the EVP Chief Revenue Officer, located in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive. Experience supporting more than one senior executive is ideal, but not required. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A "can-do" attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
- Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
- Book travel, accommodations, & car services
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phone lines
- Manage the offices
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
- Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Promptly address any IT issues
- Handle administrative duties
- Process travel & entertainment expenses
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
- Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
- Track vacation for salaried employees
- Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
- Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.