Mobile App Developer (iOS)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is looking for an iOS developer to help us change the gaming industry. You’d be helping us and our game developer partners by developing, integrating, and customizing the Versus in-game prizing platform. The Versus platform is a custom white label solution that allows game developers to offer prize-based matches of their games to their players. Playing games for real prizes will change how video games are being played, and you’re going to help us do it.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong engineering culture. We value collaboration and creativity - every engineer contributes to the overall development process, product design, and roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
As an integration engineer you will become an expert in our technology and a go-to resource for internal teams and Versus’ partners. You’ll be working alongside our development partners to integrate Versus directly into their games. You will. As an engineer working on custom integrations you will help define the future vision for developer focused tools, SDKs, libraries, or plugins to integrate Versus in and provide for our partners.
This is a huge opportunity for someone who loves working on games and is excited about being on the bleeding edge of prize-based gaming. Your work will help our partners leverage Versus to maximize player engagement and make their games more fun.
WE NEED . . .
- Strong programming, architecture, and development skills
- 3+ years professional experience with Swift development
- Willingness to learn new and exciting things
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event based programming
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- A knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems in Unity uGUI or NGUI, Unreal UMG or similar
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- Great communication and team-work skills and experience collaborating with other developers via version control and bug tracking
- Experience and understanding of RESTful APIs
WE'D LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience with multiple programming languages, especially Objective-C
- Good understanding and overlay of Cocoa frameworks and libraries
- Experience working on building game servers and real-time multi-player systems
- Understanding of OpenGL ES
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Enthusiasm for documentation, both internal and external
- Experience bringing product(s) to market, and working to deliver the best possible version in accordance with customer feedback and needs
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.