We're looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation. In this role, you’ll work with internal resources, interview software developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences. You’ll produce a variety of top quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos.
As a successful Technical Writer at Procore, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving startup company. You have strong writing skills the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona. We like to move quickly and win together, so a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes
This position is based in our Carpinteria, CA office.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain our internal documentation ticketing system, solving issues presented by customers and internal consumers
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases
- Become a subject matter expert of the Procore platform and how the different tools are used to perform various construction related tasks
- Regular communication and synchronization with the Director of Documentation and Certification
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism
- 2-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
- Strong technical aptitude–ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones
- Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics
- Track record of effective collaboration
Bonus skills - these are not required, but are a plus:
- Experience working in a technical startup company, preferably a SaaS company
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Experience writing content for software applications using a CMS
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) both in-person and remote
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Experience working in the construction industry is desired, but not required
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.