Technical Lead, SEO Architecture
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
Helping people find the best car and deal, period.
You will be leading a small engineering team to create the best customer experiences. Experience with SEO is a plus, as you will endeavor to connect consumers to the best content available in the automotive space. Come join a dynamic team who are thinking about the most scalable web solutions every day.
What you’ll do:
- Work across the organization to surface the exact content consumers need in their car buying journey
- Optimize content for Search Engines
- Create highly scalable, and performant web experiences leveraging Java, NodeJS, Freemarker, React/Redux, SASS and HTML
- Work with a small team of dedicated technologists, promoting best practices via mentorship and code review
- Work with a product team to help build a content optimization roadmap
What you'll need:
- Understanding of web application development from front-end through data storage using appropriate technologies already familiar to you
- A hunger to learn in technology spaces which you have not already been exposed to, as well as the skills to evolve our technology stack to address market change
- Experience managing a cross-functional team of 2-5 members
- At least 5 years working with server-side and front-end technologies with a great track record of delivery
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, along with the knowledge of how best to schedule software delivery across a variety of priorities
- An attention to detail on delivery of production-grade software including testing, DevOps, monitoring, performance measurement, and incident management
Why do you want this job?
- Our stack is constantly evolving! We don’t have a stodgy attitude to technology, and you can help shape our future stack.
- Our people! You’ll get to work with talented people
- Your impact! You will have a tangible impact on the company and the car buying process in the United Sates (think big!)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.