Sr. Paid Social Media Marketer Analyst
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands of fans around the world. Loot Crate is one of the top subscription box services in the world spanning pop culture, gaming, anime and sports. We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious people who cultivate our ever-growing global community of fans and provide support of the highest caliber. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
The Senior Social Media Marketer & Analyst will be an integral member of Loot Crate's marketing team and will work directly with Loot Crate’s VP of Marketing to review, assess, analyze, and execute Loot Crate’s customer acquisition strategies and tactics across multiple key paid & unpaid customer acquisition channels. The Senior Social Media Marketer & Analyst will also be expected to play a primary role in executing these tactics and strategies across several channels, primarily Facebook & Instagram, including bid management / optimization, audience targeting & segmentation, creative selection & optimization, and conversion funnel segmentation and analysis.
Additional responsibilities / projects will include identifying bottlenecks in the conversion funnel across all of Loot Crate’s product lines, analyzing and assessing the cause of the bottlenecks, proposing possible improvements or alternatives that could improve results, and executing on these proposed changes; audience and market research; coordinating with Loot Crate’s brand managers, finance team, and creative team to determine how to allocate Loot Crate’s monthly advertising budget across multiple product lines, provide regular feedback & updates on creative asset performance, and inform forecasting.
The primary channels of focus initially will include paid social media (Facebook, Instagram, and occasionally Twitter & Pinterest). This position will require an intelligent and intellectually curious individual with an excellent work ethic who can effectively synthesize research and analysis, communicate findings effectively to multiple team members and senior leadership, and take direction and constructive feedback effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executing current marketing tactics & strategies, including ad creation; audience targeting based on specific ad creative; coordinating / assisting Loot Crate’s creative lead(s) in identifying & documenting key characteristics of high performing creative assets; bid setting, monitoring, and management; and process documentation and improvement.
- Proposing, structuring and executing tests of potential new marketing strategies & tactics.
- Documenting, reporting, & analyzing performance of new tactics / strategies relative to the status quo and presenting findings / insights to the senior team.
- Reviewing and analyzing the current Key Performance Indicators (KPI) used to track performance for key Loot Crate marketing channels and creating reports synthesizing this analysis and summarizing KPI.
- Presenting KPI and other performance assessment reports to key executives of the company including the COO, CFO, & CEO.
- Executing ad hoc projects aimed at identifying ways to grow faster, more efficiently, or more effectively & then communicating key findings & insights to the executive team.
- Coordinating with licensing and creative teams to ensure approved assets are marketing plans are in compliance with partner guidelines and specifications.
- Bachelor Degree a must. The ideal candidate for this role is pre-MBA, but otherwise qualified candidates with MBAs will also be considered.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in an analyst or associate role with a management consultant or investment firm; or exceptional recent graduates from top tier colleges & universities who can demonstrate high levels of both work ethic and intellectual capacity.
- Deep understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Aptitude and passion for solving problems and critical thinking.
- Strong presentation and communications skills – ability to synthesize detailed data and research into a concise presentation with well-drawn conclusions supported by the data or research.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
- Enthusiasm to work at a fast-paced, rapidly growing business.