Social Media Strategist
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
We are searching for a Social Growth Strategist to support the execution of social marketing campaigns and audience growth initiatives for our leading personal finance website, GOBankingRates.com. This position will be part of the Social Media team and will focus on post creation & scheduling, social community engagement, and social listening across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This is a full-time position based in our El Segundo, California office.
- Create and schedule content on Twitter and Facebook daily, including partnering with Content team on calendar for social-friendly holidays and deal days, and researching and testing optimal days, times, and hashtags for posts
- Schedule and post images and videos to Instagram daily, including researching and testing optimal days, times, and hashtags for posts. Create and execute daily Instagram Stories
- Daily community engagement & audience growth efforts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including joining and engaging with new groups, and spearheading giveaways and micro-influencer collaborations
- Social listening, including monitoring trending topics among our followers, influencers, personal finance groups and competitors, and reporting trends to Social Media and Content teams to inform go-forward content strategy
- Support Social Media and Video teams with content creation (images, GIFs) and video concepts, adhering to best practices for each social channel
- Conduct competitive and industry research, including monitoring brands with high engagement and proposing content and promotional strategies to drive social audience growth
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications
- 5+ years of social media or marketing experience in a digital environment
- Highly proficient in using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in a marketing capacity
- Experience with Google docs, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Digital media production experience preferred, including images & GIFs
- Extremely strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with different personalities and stakeholders in order to get things done on time
- Ability to work independently, but take direction well
- Ability to manage and excel at having multiple deadlines
- Experience with JIRA and Slack a plus
- Experience using Pinterest in a marketing capacity a plus
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.