Social/ CRM Urban Marketing Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and more for the music catalog.
UMe is presently seeking a Social/CRM Urban Marketing Manager in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. The primary responsibility of this role is to create Global marketing opportunities and implement them across channels for the artists and brands under UMe's Urban Legends imprint. The Social/CRM Urban Marketing Manager will collaborate with the marketing and sales teams, international, retail partners, sister labels and corporate.
- Develop Global urban programs that utilize existing and emerging social media techniques including applications, technology, SEO, and loyalty.
- Plan and deliver Global Urban CRM strategies across the company encouraging customer engagement, community growth, and content monetization.
- Create, curate and manage UMe's Urban Legends published content and grow the social media footprint (Twitter, FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Ensure consistent voice and messaging for Urban Legends brand.
- Engage and monitor fan communities to create positive sentiment and increase number of engaged/active users.
- Maintain and execute social marketing content calendar across social, web, and email
- Manage community for Urban Legends social channels
- Define metrics for measuring campaign performance effectiveness; report, educate & evangelize learnings and impact to other UMe and International urban teams.
- Assess paid, earned and owned media channels to best promote artists and reach target fans with proper messaging. Assist in marketing cross-label ad strategy for various global urban retail promotions.
- Keep abreast of existing and emerging social media marketing technologies, channels, practices and tactics in order to deliver insights to optimize new campaigns.
- Define best practices and opportunities and evangelize across other departments.
- Build relationships across artist management/estate community managers, social media marketing companies, analytics providers, and developers to successfully collaborate across projects
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants.
- Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
- Proficiency with media and analytics platforms, Google Docs, basic HTML, basic Photoshop. Familiarity with web languages and video editing experience a plus.
- Creative and passionate about urban digital marketing.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to evangelize strategy and collaborate across teams.
- Exceptional writing, communication/presentation and influence skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage high volume and urgent priorities.
- 3+ years experience in social/CRM/digital urban marketing, preferably in the music industry
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.