SEO Manager – Performance Brands & Partners
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for a driven SEO Manager to help us grow our diverse portfolio of websites. Our department manages over 50 websites with 1MM pieces of content driving over 1B visits per year.
The ideal candidate should be a proven self-starter who has a strong understanding and passion for all aspects of SEO: best practices, research, marketing, and industry trends. This role will help inform content creation & product optimization across our websites. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for taking initiative and contributing to the growth of our websites from our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an SEO Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, SEO & Analytics
A typical day as a SEO Manager might include:
- Manage the traffic performance for ~ 20 websites (potentially more if needed)
- Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure / product improvements and ongoing analysis
- Structure content for topical authority by focusing on targeted keywords and internal/external linking
- Mine through logs, crawl web pages and analyze other large-scale data stores to gain SEO insight
- Optimize sites for mobile & desktop search, video search, and image search
- Implementing link building strategies to grow our backlink profile
- Migrating content between domains with minimal interruptions.
- Work with Data Scientists and Engineers on SEO & UX “best practices” to guide product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new features
- Work closely with editorial team to develop keyword-targeted content
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a quick moving work environment while maintaining a positive attitude and enthusiasm for driving results
- Monitor, identify, and troubleshoot issues that negatively impact SEO performance such as search algorithm updates and recommend a course of action
- Identify upcoming trends and coordinate a strategy for how to best position our websites for the changing organic landscape
What You Have:
- 2-4 years of SEO experience in digital publishing
- Previous experience at an agency is highly desired
- Self-Starter - You know what to do, get your hands dirty, dive into the details, and get it done
- Analytical - You can navigate through data with ease, asking the right questions, and uncovering insights that will guide us to new opportunities. Must be experienced in manipulating large datasets in Excel.
- Tenacious - You drive projects to completion, despite hurdles, dependencies, uncertainties, or a lack of resources
- Compelling Influencer – You have great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Strategic Thinker – You thrive when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
Nice to Have:
- Interest in applying machine learning principles to SEO
- Experience with SQL
- Google Analytics Certified
- Fluent in Spanish
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Deny Designs, Saatchi Art, and Society6
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.