Senior Policy Research Analyst EMEA
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
We are searching for candidates to join a new policy and economic research team located within Bird’s Public Affairs function that will tell Bird’s story to policymakers and the broader public. The role will provide the opportunity to provide insights into how new forms of transportation are changing cities today. We have various roles open right now in the Public Affairs team, at different levels of seniority. The Senior Research Analyst EMEA role will be based in our European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
Important for us and for you to identify with:
Integrity - We look for people who put teams and Bird riders first and who default to doing the right thing, always.
Attitude - Self-Starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity.
Pragmatism & Resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritise so that we get from where we are to where we need to be.
Passion - We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability.
Team Player Mindset - Ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional productive relationships.
Relevant Experience - Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-oriented environment is a plus.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Global Head of Public Affairs, and the Senior Manager of policy research and economics to identify and achieve Bird’s research priorities in EMEA and around the world.
- Help to respond to quantitative and qualitative research requests from the broader Public Affairs and Government Partnerships teams, with a focus on EMEA markets.
- Translate datasets into assets that help develop Bird’s research priorities.
- Draft and edit notes, reports, and white papers for external publication.
- 4+ years of experience in a research role.
- BA required, Masters degree preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL, R, Python, or GIS recommended.
- Enthusiasm for and experience in exploring, visualising and mapping data.
- Ability to exercise sound analytical judgment and communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to be highly responsive and work flexible hours, ability to lead and manage shifting assignments.
- Adaptable across different domains including economics, public policy, and transport policy.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly in response to sometimes unstructured and exploratory research tasks.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description