Senior Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join WAX. WAX is building the world’s first global video gaming platform that is virtual item centric. Not app publisher centric. WAX represents a massive shift in how the video game industry is structured. The WAX platform launched in June 2018 and is growing rapidly.
The WAX marketing team plays a pivotal part in building awareness and driving adoption of the new WAX platform - a platform that places customer ownership of virtual items at the center. The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for educating the 400 million strong global virtual item trading community about the WAX platform and how it improves video game design and current business models. The ideal candidate will have direct marketing experience launching a category defining consumer product or service. This position requires a mixture of strong cognitive skills and hands-on work. Marketing professionals with up-to-date knowledge of the video gaming industry and the dominant business practices in the industry will be strong candidates. Knowing a thing or two about the mindset of indie game developers is also valuable.
- Develop and implement WAX marketing plans in English speaking regions.
- Assist with marketing strategies in non English speaking regions.
- Create marketing copy and presentation materials for WAX products and services
- Plan and manage WAX live events including meet-ups and trade shows
- Assist WAX community management personnel staffed around the world in brand and product/service messaging
- 7+ years experience in a senior marketing role at a consumer mass market company
- Capable of writing marketing material (by yourself) at a level of quality that does not require massive edits by those who have mastered the art of written exposition
- Evidence of progressive career growth in terms of professional accomplishments and scope of responsibilities
- Led brand message development for new products and services (ideally in a consumer mass market)
- Experience as a consultant or corporate professional in successfully positioning new products and services in a consumer mass market.
- Experience assisting and adding value to content and creative teams
- In-depth knowledge of online video game industry and business models
- Mathematically proficient
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree