Inc. 500 CMO Seeks “Top 10%” eCommerce Marketing Manager for Hyper-Growth Food Tech Company Ranked as One of LA’s “Best Places to Work”
Dear Growth Marketing Leader,
I’m looking for a top 10% Senior eCommerce Marketing Manager who LOVES marketing and has proven experience rapidly growing the revenue of one or more direct-to-consumer brands via direct response marketing fundamentals.
I’m talking about “growth marketing” chops on most of the main channels - Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, Email Marketing, Affiliates/influencers, Content Marketing, SEO, and more - with deep experience and an understanding of the “funnel math” required to acquire new customers and grow a brand...fast.
If that’s you, this will be the most important “job ad” you’ll read this year.
Why? Actually, there are three reasons:
1) Riding in a rocket ship is fun. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in America and you’ll have a unique opportunity to apply your email marketing experience to a platform that has already gained significant momentum in the marketplace. You’ll have levers to pull.
2) The work is fulfilling. Our products and services help make the world a better place and our culture encourages people to become the best version of themselves. You’ll be challenged to do the best work of your life, which will create lasting impact in the world.
3) You’ll receive transformative mentorship. We can help you become a better marketer, a better leader. SnackNation Alumni have gone on to start businesses, successful podcasts, thriving consultancies, and land exciting new roles that were previously out of reach. If you seek mentorship and guidance, we’ll help you become the person you’ll need to become to achieve your personal and professional goals.
As Senior eCommerce Marketing Manager, you will own and be the leader of all acquisition marketing efforts (including managing our B2C marketing team members) for our direct-to-consumer brands which include SnackNation and Love With Food. You’ll be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of our bold growth goals.
Who am I?
I’m a growth marketer, 2-time Inc. 500 Founder, and combat-decorated U.S. Naval Officer who led a Special Forces fast-boat team in the Iraq War. I’m also the Co-Founder & CMO of SnackNation.
More about the role…
1) YOU WILL LEAD OUR B2C MARKETING TEAM AND OWN ITS GOALS.
This is a player/coach roll where you’ll be expected to lead a growing team of marketers while also “rolling up your sleeves” and making it happen with individual contribution. You’ll be in charge of growing our B2C healthy snacks business significantly as measured by clearly defined KPIs.
2) DIRECT RESPONSE MARKETING VS. “BRANDING.”
You’ll need to have a very clear understanding of the differences here. You will be working closely with our Brand Marketing team for creative strategy and assets, and then deploying direct response tactics to acquire customers. Great candidates for this role have already done this for other DTC brands and can speak confidently about the KPIs they achieved.
3) WE’RE FUN AND YOU SHOULD BE, TOO.
The first thing you'll notice about us is our unique culture, super-fun office environment, and positive family spirit. We like to infuse fun in much of what we do…it just makes pursuing your passions that much more…well…fun!
4) RARE OPPORTUNITY.
This type of opportunity rarely comes around in life. We’re uniquely positioned to step on the gas with a product-market fit that already has traction in the market. You just need to know how to step on the gas! This is a dream job for the right individual who has a natural curiosity to learn new things, a strong work ethic, and an unwavering hustle to make it happen.
5) PASSIONATE ABOUT MARKETING & LIFE-LONG LEARNER.
You have a burning desire to be amazing at email marketing and marketing in general. You love learning about marketing and business. You understand that the most successful marketers are self-taught and learn by reading books & blogs, listening to podcasts, and seeking out education on their own.
6) MUST BE A HIGH ACHIEVER.
You must be a high-achiever who is constantly striving to step up your game and get better in the field of Marketing. This position is not for someone who wants a "cushy" marketing job. This is a rare opportunity for you to be a part of something bigger than yourself to help build something amazing while helping others with a product (healthier snacks) that truly helps people in the world.
7) WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you have a positive mindset, are nice to other people, and care deeply about your work - then you'll fit in well at our company. We find that the most successful individuals in our organization have both their heads and their hearts in the right place.
Even more about this role…
What You'll Do:
- Manage and be the leader of SnackNation’s B2C marketing team
- Drive strategy and deploy tactics to efficiently and effectively allocate the B2C acquisition budget to achieve monthly acquisition targets
- Drive CPA down
- Own tracking & reporting for all marketing-related B2C metrics
- Partner with SnackNation’s Brand Marketing team to create effective campaigns and creative assets for acquisition marketing
- Set quarterly goals with B2C marketing team and hold team accountable to achieve those goals
- Explore, test, and analyze new B2C acquisitions channels
- Drive acquisition on the following channels:
- -Affiliates & Influencers
- -Email marketing
- -Content marketing & SEO
- -Referral marketing programs
- Develop partnerships that drive customer acquisition or retention
- Increase customer retention through captivating and unique content
- Collect consumer feedback through engaging emails and surveys
- Be a Player/Coach. You’ll need to roll up your sleeves and execute while also managing 4-5 marketing team members
Who You Are:
- Strong leader, proven growth of DTC revenue during your watch…you headed up or significantly impacted acquisition marketing in past roles
- 4-5 years of eCommerce and/or subscription marketing experience
- 2-3 years managing marketing teams
- Subscription marketing experience preferred, but will look at eComm one-time sale expertise as well
- You know your funnel metrics like the back of your hand: Click through rate (CTR) on ads, Return on ad spend (ROAS), conversion rate from click-to-sale, conversion from lead-to-sale, Cost per Acquisition (CPA), Average Order value (AOV), lifetime value (LTV), Retention metrics, Multi-touch attribution measurement, organic vs. paid media metrics
- Creativity and initiative solving problems
- Results focused and good at driving KPIs
- Persistence, persistence, persistence
- Incredibly organized and detail oriented
- Great personality who is fun to work with and displays positive attitude/energy
- Down-to-earth, fun, and has a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- You’re mentally and emotionally ready to take the next step, to get to the “next level” of your marketing career. SnackNation is a place of immense personal growth. You need to be committed to the process and excited to work hard for a worthy cause – the betterment of you personally and the millions of people SnackNation positively affects.
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions - in order to apply please provide the following:
1) Answer the required questions on this application.
2) Submit cover letter and resume.
If you make it to Round 2, you'll receive explicit instructions on next steps.
That's it! I look forward to seeing your cover letter and resume.
Co-Founder & CMO, SnackNation