Public Relations Manager
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Woodland Hills, CA, Austin, TX and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
About the Position
We are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Specialist with a passion for driving and maintaining a positive public image.
- Write press releases, pitches, and presentations that fully promote the innovative ways REX is changing the world of residential real estate
- Confidently convey how REX’s disruptive use of big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced digital marketing is creating a smarter consumer alternative to an antiquated industry
- Cultivate and manage media relationships with writers, reporters, editors, and producers in local, regional, and national outlets
- Develop and execute PR strategy for various aspects of the REX business, including; social mission, technology, and real estate
- Secure speaking engagements and conference appearances for REX representatives
- Submit REX work for awards and recognition
- Expand REX’s PR reach into new media forums including podcasts, blogs, and discussion boards
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related business field
- At least 3-5 years of communications experience within a corporate environment; technology environment ideally
- Demonstrated passion for media relations with a proven ability to secure and place branded coverage in local and national outlets
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with AP style required
- Knowledge of standard PR tools: Cision, PR Newswire/Businesswire, Microsoft Office, etc. *Basic Photoshop skills are a plus
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.