Product Marketing Manager
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for bringing our smart home products to market and establishing a long-term relationship with our customers. This cross-functional role will be actively involved with understanding the needs of our target customers in order to set the strategic vision of our go-to-market strategy. Successful applicants will also understand the importance of leveraging customer insights to develop marketing programs that increase customer satisfaction and customer lifetime value. In addition, the Product marketing manager will leverage data to inform and support key product/marketing decisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Our mission is to build a customer-focused clean energy platform, complete with smart home devices, that further home efficiency and creates opportunities to reward our loyal customers. Bringing our mission to life successfully requires leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data to better understand our consumers and guide our decisions. To help us achieve our mission, the candidate in this role will be responsible for the following:
- PRODUCT LAUNCHES – Partner with Product & Consumer Insights teams to develop innovative consumer products and programs that drive demand. Plan the launch of new hardware products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan through sound go-to-market strategies. Identify the KPIs to measure success and track performance. Monitor performance throughout the process.
- PRODUCT MESSAGING - Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates your products in the market.
- BE THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER (VOC) - Be the expert on our customers (who they are, what they want and how we can align our product values to be relevant to them). Launch efforts to understand the customer needs and experiences in order to identify new opportunities that create value for them. Leverage that knowledge to create a VOC dashboard to socialize throughout the organization.
- OWN CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM - Review existing loyalty and rewards program and work alongside the Lifecycle Engagement Associate manager to identify areas of opportunities and enhance the program to increase customer retention and create brand advocates. Establish KPIs to measure success and track performance. Monitor program performance throughout the process.
- CROSS-FUNCTIONAL & DIRECT LEADERSHIP - Leveraging collaboration and influence throughout the organization to advance projects. Manage and mentor a direct report, Product Marketing Associate, on the team.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You have extensive experience with launching new products -- from consumer insights and product ideation through to developing marketing creative and messaging.
- You approach marketing with a consumer-centric mindset, understanding how to translate their wants/needs into compelling products and value propositions.
- You understand the importance and value of leveraging data analytics and consumer insights to guide strategic decision making. From there, you actively monitor performance against baselines and course-correct as needed.
- You have strong presentation and writing skills that will be put to the test when presenting our new products, corresponding value props and feature benefits together to tell the “story” of our products across various marketing channels.
- You demonstrate strong cross-functional leadership and ability to build relationships to deliver on our product marketing goals.
- You have 4 - 6 years of B2C product marketing experience with a strong focus on the customer. Experience with subscription or digital/technical products is a plus.
- You have demonstrated strong analytical skills in previous roles that allow you to evaluate data and translate them into actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying customer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, a dog-friendly office, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!