We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Marketing Manager in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the music catalog.
This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe. They will recommend, assess and oversee marketing strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to manage innovated marketing campaigns for catalog artist.
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including social, CRM, radio and commercial
- Manage the conception, communication and execution of consumer products and other marketing strategies.
- Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to UMe activity.
- Experience in music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Strong knowledge of traditional & digital marketing strategies for music consumption.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
- Advertising / media planning experience.
- Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Needs to be a creative but strategic marketer who is driven by innovation.
- Passionate music fan.
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
- 4+ years of experience in music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.