PR & Media Outreach Specialist
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
Do you love building relationships and making new connections? Are you digital media savvy and passionate about story telling? If so, read on! ConsumerTrack Inc., a fast growing and innovative digital marketing company, is seeking a PR & Media Outreach Specialist to help propel growth through earned media and PR for its personal finance website, GOBankingRates.com.
GBR regularly syndicates articles, videos, and galleries to some of the biggest media outlets on the web including MSN Money, TIME, CBS News, Business Insider, Huffington Post, NASDAQ, Daily Finance, AOL and dozens more. We also work with reporters at outlets like CNBC, FOX Business, MarketWatch, Lifehacker, INC, Refinery29, Thrillist and many more to secure earned media coverage of our original studies and surveys.
The ideal candidate is focused, a go-getter, loves to network and build relationships and is comfortable pitching reporters and getting on the phone. Candidates should have experience writing press releases, pitches and copy for digital marketing materials.This role will work closely with our marketing & content teams to build new and deepen current relationships with online and TV journalists, big brands, influencers, industry experts and bloggers. We are looking for someone with a passion for working with reporters and a background in achieving media coverage.
This is a full-time position based in our El Segundo, California office.
- Pitch reporters via email and follow up over the phone with the goal of achieving coverage for GOBankingRates’ content
- Answer questions from journalists and arrange interviews for our contributors and spokespeople
- Build and grow relationships with Tier 1 national finance, money and consumer reporters (both online and TV)
- Build and grow relationships with large brands’ PR and social media teams as well as with industry and consumer personal finance influencers
- Support the Content team with content brainstorming and outreach to partners based on the Content team's needs
- Secure earned coverage for sponsored content on GOBankingRates.com
- Manage and support large-scale marketing projects and campaigns with internal editorial, social media, SEO, sales and partnership teams
- Identify new areas of opportunity for GOBankingRates' PR and marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- 5+ years of career experience in media relations and outreach
- Strong verbal communication & writing skills
- Personal experience in pitching and earning media coverage
- Experience writing press releases and pitches
- Should enjoy a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Proactive, self-starter, organized and detail-oriented
- Must possess a results-driven and positive attitude
- Must be able to handle multiple simultaneous deadlines and projects
- Agency experience preferred
- Familiarity with SEO and general online media best practices
- Experience in personal finance vertical and existing relationships with finance reporters a major plus
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.