Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
At Rival, we are deeply committed to the success of our clients and fans, and to delighting them with the Rival experience at every step of the customer journey. This is a unique role that will bridge Product, Customer Experience and Marketing to facilitate customer education, onboarding, engagement and interaction with Rival's platform in the early days. You will be a key member of the team launching and scaling our platform to teams, venues and fans. You will also lay the foundation for a product marketing function to support the enterprise and consumer elements of Rival's platform as we grow.
You are a versatile product marketing ninja who can seamlessly combine product expertise with storytelling, execution, customer education and ability to thoughtfully engage many different stakeholders. You'll roll up your sleeves to write content, develop user guides, champion customer feedback and bring the Rival platform to life for our audiences.
This is a truly unique and multi-faceted role that defies functional silos. It's part product marketing, part customer experience and part consumer marketing. If you're obsessed with customer happiness, this one's for you.
The ideal candidate has experienced in one or more of these functions, and has previously executed on large, complex and high stakes product or partner launches. You have enterprise and consumer experience, and ideally a deep familiarity with commerce, marketplace and/or SaaS enterprise technology businesses.
- 4+ years of Product Marketing, Communications, Customer Experience or Consumer Marketing experience
- Direct experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments
- Exceptional ability to understand the nitty gritty of how a product works and communicate it clearly to customers
- Product mindset and obsession with customer delight with a demonstrated track record of earning the trust and respect of Product and Engineer teams
- Self-starter, resilient and proactive mode of operating, you make things happen in dynamic environments
- Collaborative leader that can work well with various groups at all types of organizations and all levels
- Results oriented and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done. Low ego and high impact
- Industry experience in SaaS enterprise software, e-commerce, marketplaces or technology platforms
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus)
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.