Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Los Angeles that's built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House's early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents. Fame House is a Universal Music Group company.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for two marquee client accounts, as well as Fame House's digital properties, working to deliver exceptional results across Fame House services. He or she also contributes to business development initiatives as needed.
- Work with clients to conceive and achieve business objectives through digital and direct-to-fan marketing campaigns:
- Develop marketing strategy for upcoming client milestones such as music releases, product launches, video premieres, tour announcements, public appearances, etc.
- Develop marketing plans and content strategy for clients' digital and direct-to-fan channels, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, paid media, websites, web stores, and mobile apps.
- Contribute original ideas regarding the creative use of emerging technologies to drive our clients' digital and business goals.
- Write and execute content for client social channels, as well as community management. Curate and design visual assets for content, as needed.
- Audit and optimize clients' digital channels on an ongoing basis.
- Measure and report on campaigns and overall performance of clients' digital and direct-to-fan properties, tracking both ROI and KPIs against client goals to inform strategy going forward.
- Act as Account Lead on clients, responsible for:
- Driving successful client results and day-to-day progress against the client's objectives.
- Delivering against all components of the account's scope of work.
- Managing day-to-day communication with the client.
- Coordinating with other team members across FH as needed to deliver high quality work.
- Ensuring all deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Setting specific, measurable goals for the account and individual campaigns.
- Monitoring progress against goals and reporting back to the client and FH Management on performance.
- Run point on Fame House digital properties, responsible for:
- Developing and executing a channel-by-channel content strategy.
- Expanding Fame House's brand awareness and digital audience.
- Monitoring progress against goals and reporting back to FH Management on performance.
- Work with Chief Strategy Officer on business development initiatives, including:
- Updating and maintaining all B2B materials.
- Creating decks for bespoke pitches.
- Liaising with potential clients to secure the opportunity to pitch.
- Keep abreast of evolving music industry and digital marketing technologies:
- Must be able to speak to key new trends and to research new technologies on an ongoing basis, particularly as requested by clients and/or his/her manager.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies as suitable for his/her clients' needs.
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple priority clients and projects at a time, while staying on deadline and sustaining quality of work.
- Ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders both internally and externally to produce positive results for clients.
- Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing client needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Impressive verbal and written abilities - client communication skills are essential.
- Deep knowledge of direct-to-fan marketing tools and tactics including social media, email, mobile, emerging platforms, and associated marketing platforms, particularly within the music industry.
- Established proficiency managing and growing business/brand profiles on social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Wordpress, email marketing/CRM tools (e.g. DotMailer, Mailchimp, Fanbridge), social and analytical tools (e.g. Simply Measured, Next Big Sound, Google Analytics), particularly re: applications for music industry clients.
- Strong passion for marketing and the music industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to apply data insights to marketing strategy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS.
- 3+ years working in a digital marketing position, preferably within the music industry.
- 2+ years working with clients and managing digital and/or music marketing campaigns.
- Basic HTML, Photoshop, and Basecamp experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in music business, business, marketing, or a related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.