Want to be part of an exciting startup that is having a positive impact on the world?
Lumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched to the world on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 in its campaign. It has been featured on Forbes, Fast Company, The BBC, and CNN.
Lumos is the first and only helmet of any kind to be sold at the Apple Store, and is currently on sale in over 300 Apple Stores in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
Lumos has been named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things, TIME Magazine’s “Best Inventions of 2018”, and “The Helmet That Every Bike Commuter Needs” by Slate Magazine.
Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, preventing avoidable traffic deaths, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives.
Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safer streets for all.
You are perfect for us if you are:
An independent self-starter with a passion for telling great stories. You have an interest and basic skillset in photo and video editing, and are able to pick things up quickly. We're particularly looking for someone with a personal passion and connection with fixie bikes, skateboarding, snowboarding, and/or electric skateboarding. You are looking for an opportunity to be an influential part of a small team and build an exciting new consumer brand from the ground up.
We're building a whole slew of exciting new products that we think are going to be the next "IT" products in the market. We need a lot of help to help us launch these products into the market and build the Lumos brand. We are growing our marketing team and need a Marketing Coordinator!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation of stories in photo, video, and blog content.
- Identifying and reaching out to potential influencers, getting them excited about Lumos, and documenting their stories.
- Amplify our presence and stories on social media.
Lumos has been around for a few years now, but we are still very much a young early stage company. As such, a high degree of adaptability, independence, and initiative is expected and required to do well at Lumos.
We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. As such, JDs are looked at more as a guideline at Lumos. We eschew roles and seek people willing and able to go beyond the JD when necessary to fix the problem and get the job done regardless of our “jobs”.
- 0 – 3 years of professional experience as a marketing manager at a consumer brand, agency, or startup, or business analyst/associate at a consulting firm, or a highly entrepreneurial fresh graduate
- You have a personal passion, interest, and connection with bikes, fixies, skateboards, snowboards, and/or electric skateboards and their communities in the Greater LA area
- You have a passion for telling great stories
- Detail oriented and organized. You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing the workload for yourself and your team.
- Interest in startups, entrepreneurship, and building things from the ground up