SnackNation, Hyper-growth food tech company ranked as one of LA’s “Best Places to Work,” seeks “top 10%” B2B Marketing Automation Manager.
You’ll be driving our growing marketing automation and marketing ops team while being in charge of multiple new and exciting initiatives we have planned. Our marketing automation team manages our marketing automation systems including Marketo and performs operational and analytical activities to support our demand generation initiatives and customer interactions. You’ll help drive our marketing automation priorities and will be responsible for marketing operation activities.
Why is this the most important ‘job ad’ you’ll ever read? There are three reasons . . .
1) We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in America and you’ll have a unique opportunity to apply your social media expertise to a platform that has already gained significant momentum in the marketplace. In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc. 5000’s 2018 list and #2 in the Food & Beverage category! You’ll execute meaningful and impactful work that’s going to change the state of our business across B2B and B2C.
2) The work is fulfilling. Our products and services help make the world a better place and our culture encourages people to become the best version of themselves. You’ll be challenged to do the best work of your life, which will create lasting impact in the world.
3) You’ll receive transformative mentorship. We can help you become a better marketer. SnackNation Alumni have gone on to start businesses, successful podcasts, thriving consultancies, and land exciting new roles that were previously out of reach. If you seek mentorship and guidance, we’ll help you become the person you’ll need to become to achieve your personal and professional goals. And the proof is in the pudding: We’re Great Places To Work certified and have been named in Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
More about this role...
1) YOU WILL BE IN CHARGE OF THE ORGANIZATION’S MARKETING AUTOMATION GOALS: This is a player/coach role where you’ll be expected to influence our growing team of marketers while also “rolling up your sleeves” and making it happen with individual contribution.
2) WE’RE FUN AND YOU SHOULD BE, TOO: The first thing you'll notice about us is our unique culture, infectiously positive energy, and actually fun office environment!
3) RARE OPPORTUNITY: We’re uniquely positioned to step on the gas with a product-market fit that already has traction in the market. This is a dream job for the right individual who has a natural curiosity to learn new things, a strong work ethic, and an unwavering hustle.
4) PASSIONATE ABOUT MARKETING & LIFE-LONG LEARNER: You have a burning desire to be amazing at marketing automation and marketing in general. You love learning about marketing and business.
5) MUST BE A HIGH ACHIEVER: You must be a high-achiever who is constantly striving to step up your game and get better in the Marketing field, not someone searching for a “cushy” job. You’ll be a part of something bigger than yourself that truly helps people live better lives.
6) WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS: If you have a positive mindset, are kind and care deeply about your work, you'll fit in well at our company. We find that the most successful individuals in our organization have both their heads and their hearts in the right place.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, and test marketing automation workflows associated with demand generation and sales
- Lead scoring and routing
- Email marketing campaign set-up, execution, and reporting
- Demand generation funnel strategy and set-up
- Marketing performance management and reporting
- Campaign analysis and reporting
- Customer & market competitive intelligence and insights
- Assess and implement new marketing technology that will add value to the organization
- Become the ‘go to’ person for our marketing automation/CRM platform, and provide day-to-day system maintenance and configuration of the system
- Take complete ownership of our marketing automation system
- Set up and ensure appropriate segmentation for email broadcasts and campaigns
- Load and test emails in accordance with company standards and email best practices, including reviewing and proofreading all email content and confirming target segmentation
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly
- Conduct data imports and exports to merge, analyze and maintain data
- Maintain quality and integrity of the database; perform regular de-duping and maintenance procedures
- Develop, document, and enforce business rules, processes, programs, naming conventions, and procedures for our CRM; assist in data stewardship efforts
- Perform analysis and build dashboards to report on campaign, lead, sales, customer and other attributes and performance metrics
- Diagnose and troubleshoot user and customer problems and landing page issues as needed, working closely with other departments to drive prompt and thorough resolution
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build, execute and automate email marketing campaigns and generate and implement testing strategies.
- Perform Marketo administration and support
- Drive the assessment, implementation and adoption of all new marketing technologies.
- Lead scoring and routing to sales reps
- Troubleshoot technical issues, interface with vendors and identify modifications to improve our use and performance of our CRM.
- Own pursuit of industry knowledge and continual education in CRM/marketing automation best practices and trends.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a power user of Marketo (and how it interacts with Salesforce)
- Marketing automation and email marketing specialist who loves systems thinking, lead generation funnels, and marketing performance analysis and who can thrive in a fast-paced, fun start-up environment
- Creativity and initiative solving problems
- Results focused and good at driving KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Team player
- Persistence, persistence, persistence
- Incredibly organized and detail oriented
- Great personality that is fun to work with and displays positive attitude/energy
- Down-to-earth, fun, and has a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- You’re mentally and emotionally ready to take the next step, to get to the “next level” of your marketing career. SnackNation is a place of immense personal growth and it’s tough to make big breakthroughs in life. You need to be committed to the process and excited to work hard for a worthy cause – the betterment of you personally and the hundreds of thousands (and soon to be millions) of people SnackNation positively affects.
Vision: We envision a world where everyone has access to clean, delicious food, everywhere
Values: Health Above All Else, Grit without Ego, Serve & Inspire, Seek Perpetual Growth, Spread Joy & Optimism
Mantra: Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. In fact, we offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive compensation package, Discretionary PTO, Free Lunch Thursdays, Learning & Development Opportunities, Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, and plenty more