Inc. 500 CMO Seeks “Top 10%” B2B Marketing Automation Manager for Hyper-Growth Food Tech Company Ranked as One of LA’s “Best Places to Work”
Dear Marketing Automation Manager,
I’m looking for a top 10% marketing automation and email marketing specialist who loves systems thinking, lead generation funnels, and marketing performance analysis and who can thrive in a fast-paced, fun start-up environment.
That’s where you come in…
As Marketing Automation Manager, you’ll be assisting our growing marketing automation team while being in charge of multiple new and exciting initiatives we have planned. Our marketing automation team manages our marketing automation systems including Marketo and performs operational and analytical activities to support our demand generation initiatives and customer interactions.
You’ll help drive our marketing automation priorities and will be responsible for marketing operation activities including but not limited to:
- Design, implement, and test marketing automation workflows associated with demand generation and sales
-Email marketing campaign set-up, execution, and reporting
-Demand generation funnel strategy and set-up
-Marketing performance management and reporting
-Campaign analysis and reporting
-Customer & market competitive intelligence and insights
-Assess and implement new marketing technology that will add value to the organization
If the above describes you, this will be one of the most important “job ads” you’ll ever read.
Why? Actually, there are three reasons:
1) Riding in a rocket ship is fun. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in America and you’ll have a unique opportunity to apply your marketing automation experience to a platform that has already gained significant momentum in the marketplace. You’ll have levers to pull.
2) The work is fulfilling. Our products and services help make the world a better place and our culture encourages people to become the best version of themselves. You’ll be challenged to do the best work of your life, which will create lasting impact in the world.
3) You’ll receive transformative mentorship. We can help you become a better marketer, a better leader. SnackNation Alumni have gone on to start businesses, successful podcasts, thriving consultancies, and land exciting new roles that were previously out of reach. If you seek mentorship and guidance, we’ll help you become the person you’ll need to become to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Who am I?
I’m a growth marketer, 2-time Inc. 500 Founder, and combat-decorated U.S. Naval Officer who led a Special Forces fast-boat team in the Iraq War. I’m also the Co-Founder & CMO of SnackNation.
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. At SnackNation, we care about making a positive impact on the world, starting with our wellness-minded culture and values. And we’re growing! In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing US companies of 2018, and #2 in the Food & Beverage category.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. We even offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. Plus, we've got the accolades to back it up: We’re Great Places To Work Certified and named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
We also believe philanthropy is very important. We’ve partnered with Feeding America to give 10 meals to families in need for every box we ship. We’ve donated over 5 million meals to date!
If you're a wellness-loving professional who wants to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of our driven company culture, join us. We promise to help you find your better you, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming CPG space.
More about this role...
1) YOU WILL BE IN CHARGE OF THE ORGANIZATION’S MARKETING AUTOMATION GOALS.
This is a player/coach roll where you’ll be expected to influence our growing team of marketers while also “rolling up your sleeves” and making it happen with individual contribution. You’ll be in charge of growing our B2B marketing automation program and email marketing initiatives and will be expected to drive results based on clearly defined KPIs.
2) WE’RE FUN AND YOU SHOULD BE, TOO.
The first thing you'll notice about us is our unique culture, super-fun office environment, and positive family spirit. We like to infuse fun in much of what we do…it just makes pursuing your passions that much more…well…fun!
3) RARE OPPORTUNITY.
This type of opportunity rarely comes around in life. We’re uniquely positioned to step on the gas with a product-market fit that already has traction in the market. You just need to know how to step on the gas! This is a dream job for the right individual who has a natural curiosity to learn new things, a strong work ethic, and an unwavering hustle to make it happen.
4) PASSIONATE ABOUT MARKETING & LIFE-LONG LEARNER.
You have a burning desire to be amazing at marketing automation and marketing in general. You love learning about marketing and business. You understand that the most successful marketers are self-taught and learn by reading books & blogs, listening to podcasts, and seeking out education on their own.
5) MUST BE A HIGH ACHIEVER.
You must be a high-achiever who is constantly striving to step up your game and get better in the field of Marketing. This position is not for someone who wants a "cushy" marketing job. This is a rare opportunity for you to be a part of something bigger than yourself to help build something amazing while helping others with a product (healthier snacks) that truly helps people in the world.
6) WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS.
If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you have a positive mindset, are nice to other people, and care deeply about your work - then you'll fit in well at our company. We find that the most successful individuals in our organization have both their heads and their hearts in the right place.
What You'll Do:
- Become the ‘go to’ person for our marketing automation/CRM platform, and provide day-to-day system maintenance and configuration of the system
- Take complete ownership of our marketing automation system
- Set up and ensure appropriate segmentation for email broadcasts and campaigns
- Load and test emails in accordance with company standards and email best practices, including reviewing and proofreading all email content and confirming target segmentationImplement quality control procedures to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly
- Conduct data imports and exports to merge, analyze and maintain data
- Maintain quality and integrity of the database; perform regular de-duping and maintenance procedures
- Develop, document, and enforce business rules, processes, programs, naming conventions, and procedures for our CRM; assist in data stewardship effortsPerform analysis and build dashboards to report on campaign, lead, sales, customer and other attributes and performance metrics
- Diagnose and troubleshoot user and customer problems and landing page issues as needed, working closely with other departments to drive prompt and thorough resolution
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build, execute and automate email marketing campaigns and generate and implement testing strategies.
- Perform Marketo administration and supportDrive the assessment, implementation and adoption of all new marketing technologies.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, interface with vendors and identify modifications to improve our use and performance of our CRM.
- Own pursuit of industry knowledge and continual education in CRM/marketing automation best practices and trends.
Who You Are:
- 3-4 years of hands-on experience as a power user of Marketo (and how it interacts with Salesforce)
- Creativity and initiative solving problems
- Results focused and good at driving KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal skillsTeam player
- Persistence, persistence, persistence
- Incredibly organized and detail oriented
- Great personality that is fun to work with and displays positive attitude/energy
- Down-to-earth, fun, and has a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- You’re mentally and emotionally ready to take the next step, to get to the “next level” of your marketing career. SnackNation is a place of immense personal growth and it’s tough to make big breakthroughs in life. You need to be committed to the process and excited to work hard for a worthy cause – the betterment of you personally and the hundreds of thousands (and soon to be millions) of people SnackNation positively affects.
Your compensation package will be commensurate with your experience. Includes competitive base salary and performance bonus tied to agreed upon KPIs.
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions - in order to apply please provide the following:
1) Write a COVER LETTER:
a) Why do you think you’ll make a phenomenal Marketing Automation Manager at SnackNation?
b) What one professional failure did you learn the most from and why?
c) On a scale from 1-10, how weird are you and why?
2) Submit cover letter and resume according to instructions on page.
If you make it to Round 2, you'll receive explicit instructions on next steps.
That's it! I look forward to seeing your cover letter and resume.
Co-Founder & CMO, SnackNation