Lifecycle Email Marketing Manager
As LegalZoom grows our product lines and services with a focus on growing lifetime value, from acquisition to retention, we are looking to bring on an experienced marketer to focus on building and personalizing our marketing campaigns targeted to existing leads or customers. The right person will work closely with acquisition, product and data teams to build and execute marketing campaigns, using channel best practices and ‘test and learn’ methods to improve engagement and retention of existing customers.
What you will do
- Proactively drive the email calendar from past campaign learnings and best practices; develop strategies to meet engagement goals for the channel
- Optimize CRM campaigns via continual testing of creative, messaging, cadence, frequency, targeting, etc. that deliver actionable learnings
- Partner with various departments to develop and evolve an effective communications strategy to improve dropoffs in the customer journey and aligns with strategic priorities.
- Manage the email campaign process from end to end for ad-hoc and automated campaigns; testing, scheduling, creative trafficking, implementation, deployment, optimization, monitoring, reporting, and analysis.
- Kickoff and manage operational details in a ‘roll up your sleeves’ way - including matrices for campaign tracking, offer set up, and accurate data pulls, and trafficking to stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs or processes from in-depth knowledge of campaign management and email execution tools.
- Maintain pulse on industry trends and best practices, technologies, competitive landscape, etc. and apply those findings
- Support development and use of other communications (SMS,push) to complement email contact strategies
- 5+ years in retention or customer-content specific marketing, with 3+ years of email-specific channel experience
- Experience in an enterprise communications platform (eg, Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Cheetahmail); Specific hands-on experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of email and mobile marketing best practices to maintain list health, improve open rates, etc.
- Experience with analytics tools (GA, Omniture, Tableau, etc.), with a proven ability synthesizing funnel analytics, testing (such as A/B and multivariate)
- Experience with copywriting for emails, print and/or digital channels
- Basic knowledge of HTML (including responsive) and SQL for segmentation
- Analytical approach to decision making to achieve real-time performance optimization
- Strong time management skills, with a keen ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines
in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications or related field)
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.