Head of Growth Marketing
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Who Gives a Crap sells beautiful, forest friendly toilet paper, paper towels and tissues and we donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for those in need. As much as we love toilet paper, the reason we’re in business is the impact we’re having on the world—to date we’ve donated $1,300,000 to our charity partners to fund sanitation projects in developing countries, and with your help we’re hoping to grow our impact 10-fold in the next couple of years..
We're one of the fastest growing ecommerce businesses in Australia, and are now aggressively entering the North American and European markets, with insanely ambitious growth targets for this year and beyond. We currently have a team of about 50 people working out of Melbourne, Manilla, Los Angeles and Hong Kong. We’re never happy with the status quo, though, so we’re planning to double or triple our team in the next year, and we won’t stop growing until everyone in the world has access to a toilet.
A bit about the role:
As our Head of Growth Marketing, you’ll be taking ownership of the performance of the Growth Marketing team, accelerating our acquisition and retention beyond anything we’ve seen before. You’ll push us into new channels, dramatically scale our spend in the channels we’re already in, and you’ll think creatively about how we acquire the right customers, the right way, for the right price. All this, while guiding the strategic growth of the team, recruiting new team members, ensuring our current team members are kicking ass and staying happy, and working diligently to connect the Growth Marketing team with other functions. No big deal.
You’ll represent Growth Marketing on our Planning Team and report directly to our Co-Founder. You’ll manage all acquisition, retention and marketing analytics efforts. You’ll work closely with our Creative team to imagine radical new ways of reaching customers. You’ll work closely with our Digital Product team to continuously optimise our website. You’ll coordinate with Logistics and Finance to ensure we’re spending just the right amount. And you’ll have a hell of a good time, we promise!
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Worked with our Growth Marketing Manager to plan the next few months of influencer marketing projects, defining together how to scale our efforts in the most efficient and effective way.
- Worn a unicorn mask and danced through the frame of our latest Facebook ad, shaking rolls of toilet paper on the way through. Oh, did we mention the confetti?
- Kick-started a project to rethink our data warehousing systems and improve our data integrity.
- Shared a few provocative articles about unique ways to grow the business with the broader team, highlighting your favorite learnings and how they might be relevant for us.
- Created an internal framework for how we prioritise and decide what projects will have the biggest impact, and used that framework to refine our roadmap for the coming months.
- You hosted a brainstorm to find ways of giving customers opportunities to trial our product. Based on the team’s feedback, you’ve planned a few event marketing experiments, and rallied some of your colleagues to help staff our booths with you.
- Drafted and reviewed the Growth Marketing team’s quarterly OKRs, getting feedback from your team and other teams.
- Collaborated with our Finance and Executive team to review the effect of discounts on our business, and standardised our approach to how, when, and how much we offer them.
- Collaborated with your fellow Planning team members to prioritise major cross-functional projects for next few quarters, and aligned on what additional resources we’ll need to execute them.
- Work with Finance to determine ideal spend, media mix and ROMI projections for the next 6 months based on CAC and LTV trends.
Let’s talk about you
You live for growth
You’re a growth hacker at heart and get scrappy—when you have an idea you HAVE to test it. You live for the thrill of fast-paced growth and blowing away projections.
You’re full of new and creative ways to get people to wipe with us.
You’re obsessed with customers, and will find them wherever they are. You’ve got proven experience with the usual growth channels (Facebook, Instagram, email), and testing out-of-the-box ways to reach customers. You’ll propose new offerings and non-traditional growth opportunities that will help us reach new customers and deliver more value to existing customers at a rate we couldn’t dream of.
You’re a master collaborator
You don’t consider yourself an island and you believe that success lies in a team effort. You are comfortable and skilled at collaborating cross-functionally to ensure transparency, accountability and consistency (phew) in your teams work.
You’re a roll model (pun intended)
You care deeply about the people you work with, and it shows. We’re looking to you to helps us grow our Growth Marketing team in more ways than one.
You pave the way
You’re experienced in setting spend levels and splits, planning for hiring needs in advance, workshopping high-level strategies, creating growth roadmaps and communicating projections.
You’re nothing without data
You eat data for breakfast, and you like to share. It’s like a data brunch, family style. You’re experienced in communicating the right information, at the right times, with the right people and support all of your decisions with data.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger an impact we’ll have. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s a pretty great perk, but we don’t stop there…
If you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quickly. We started the business remotely, and now have hubs in 4 cities around the world. While the LA team spends most of the week together in the office, you can also mix it up and work in your PJs from home or set up office at the beach a but, up to you! And while we don’t have a Friday drinks cart (yet), you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
Lastly, you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
Who Gives A Crap also provides 4 weeks of paid annual vacation (woot!), flexibility to take extra unpaid leave or travel while working, great health insurance, 401k matching, generous maternity and paternity leave and a whole lot of other stuff. And did we mention the free toilet paper?
Our Growth Marketing Team is growing (lol). Check out more opportunities in this team here - https://au.whogivesacrap.org/pages/jobs.