Global Community Manager, Marketing
We are reinventing credit by using alternative data to underwrite customers in real time, without reliance on traditional credit reports and helping our users build an entirely new financial identity through digital credit. Our proprietary identity and credit scoring technologies have helped us lend to over 1M+ customers overlooked by traditional finance – with the goal of serving an estimated underserved population of 3 billion globally!
We are placing a big bet on online community as our next big marketing and engagement vehicle. Our customers are our number 1 priority, and we’re looking for an experience community manager to lead a unified global community strategy across multiple markets in 2019: Kenya, Tanzania, Philippines and Mexico.
You will need to think holistically and globally about community, while working hand in hand with both our marketing team headquartered in Santa Monica, as well as our in-country marketing teams around the world. You will also work with our CX, PR and product marketing teams to strategize how we speak, engage, and communicate with our customers and meet them where the engage on social media and an owned online community. This role will manage community processes, including the web community platform. You will own the community engagement strategy and manage and execute on it all relevant Tala digital communities. You will be joining an incredible fun and intelligent team that's passionate about changing the way the world thinks about credit.
What you’ll do
- Define and execute on the overall strategy for community operations at Tala. You will work in tandem with our senior comms/brand manager to bring this to life.
- Manage a small, decentralized team of global community-focused Tala employees
- Define, track and report on community engagement metrics and goals
- Work closely with groups around the company to leverage community engagement to drive product engagement and conversion, as well as engage community users with a host of educational financial content
- Co-create community content with others on the marketing team
- Stay informed on future community tools and platforms, and make recommendations on community platforms and strategies
- Work with our global social media lead to integrate and amplify community and social media content and campaigns, when appropriate.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years in a community management or customer-facing social media role
- 3+ years of people management experience, preferably leading global teams or working with emerging markets
- Experience leading large-scale community strategies
- An understanding of community and social platforms
- An understanding of how to drive social engagement across both online and offline platforms
- You MUST be a confident communicator. This role hinges on both internal and external communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with a customer base spread across the globe
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.