Greater LA Area
The Girlboss mission is to redefine success for millennial women by providing the tools and resources they need to own their futures. We aim to create a new reality where women can make progress personally, professionally, and in service of others. Powering growth through community, we're building a Noah's Ark of the most interesting and ambitious women in the world—powered by digital content, technology, a podcast network, and experiential activations.
Girlboss is looking for a whip-smart editor with a critical editing eye and a thoughtful, accessible, and clear writing style to join the team in its Silver Lake HQ. This person will have strong experience writing service-driven long-form content (2,000+ words) in the realms of entrepreneurship, career, and money. Equal parts writer, editor, and strategist, this person will be responsible for a mix of assigning, editing, and writing, with a focus on growing a long-tail audience through search and converting audiences from content experiences. Equally passionate about service journalism, entrepreneurship and business coverage, and community-building, this person is a rising star looking to tell powerful stories in service of building the Girlboss business alongside a growth-focused team of creative and strategic powerhouses.
- Assist senior editor in concepting the monthly editorial calendar, using a combination of expertise and data to inform strategic editorial decision-making.
- Drive search strategy for Girlboss.com, rooting decision-making and testing in performance data, search trends, and market insights.
- Manage daily and monthly reporting on site performance, with a focus on conversion to community and optimization for search.
- Research and write high-quality content across all verticals and platforms.
- Assign, edit, and publish the work of freelance writers.
- Ideate, research, produce, and edit content projects related to Community.
- Top edit all marketing copy across emails, community, Rally and other event marketing, and podcasts.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees equity packages, health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description