We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), the centralized catalog division of UMG, is seeking a Director of Marketing in the Santa Monica, CA location. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe to product manage and market our wide range of music products. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns. The role requires leadership and coordination to contribute to global marketing efforts across multiple teams.
- Plan and execute product management and catalog marketing for artists and releases across multiple labels within UMG.
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including social, CRM, radio and commercial
- Coordinate marketing efforts with global teams, creating cohesive worldwide marketing initiatives.
- Manage the conception, communication and execution of consumer engagement marketing.
- Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to UMe activity.
- Product manager experience at a major or large independent label.
- Experience in music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Immersion in the media and marketing community with strong connections at brands, media outlets, and partners.
- Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
- Advertising / media planning experience.
- Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Creative, innovative, strategic understanding of marketing tactics and channels.
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
- 6+ years of experience in music marketing and product management, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Bachelor's preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.