Director, Marketing Technology & Engineering
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for Director, Marketing Technology & Engineering who will collaborate closely with the Golden Hippo leadership team as well as with Marketing and IT teams to lead the rapid development, implementation and adoption of new marketing tools and platforms. Determine what resources Golden Hippo Media needs to architect and manage for our “marketing technology stack” and build a team of product managers/engineers and system analysts who will define and execute on product requirements and a product road map.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- By understanding Marketing goals, lead the development of state-of-the-art platforms supporting paid customer acquisition, remarketing and retention.
- Responsible for complex technology initiatives such as building a DSP.
- Develop, oversee, and build the team of marketing technology product managers/engineers and system analysts that will execute on company’s infrastructure and application development.
- Work across Marketing to take inventory of opportunities, propose technology solutions, and deliver the technical strategic direction to meet the goals of company’s Marketing team.
- Manage the overall Marketing Technology product road map and deliver effective and timely solutions while balancing technical dependencies, resourcing and other constraints.
- Prioritize bug fixes and new features that respond to the marketing department’s feedback. Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field is required
- 7-10 years of engineering experience, in a fast paced, performance driven consumer business is required
- 5+ years of senior level experience managing product teams and multiple direct reports is required
- Experience with building custom ad-technology solutions is preferred
- Deep understanding of marketing technologies and a track record of delivering sophisticated marketing technology stacks across acquisition & retention marketing functions is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced results-oriented business environment with great autonomy to make a difference
- Proven experience in translating complex business needs into clear technically-oriented user stories and requirements
- Ability to drive and influence business decisions based on data and metrics
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with API integrations
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.