Director, Marketing Communications
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, commerce, licensing, and more for the music catalog.
UMe is presently seeking a Director, Marketing Communications in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. This role will facilitate the strategic design, implementation and management of a range of online and offline communications including presentations, videos, websites and other marketing collateral. Primary focus is the development and realization of materials to deliver the organization's messages to artists, managers, executives, partners, and other teams inside and outside UMG. This position will collect, distill, and effectively communicate information coming from Marketing, Commercial, International, A&R, Finance, and other departments within the company. This role will work directly with Universal executive staff and teams within UMe; as such this position is a visible and prominent role inside the organization.
- Oversee planning, development, production and delivery of marketing communications materials
- Prepare written materials including copy, business communications, reports and presentations
- Map out and oversee production of audio and video assets
- Develop and manage communication and asset calendars
- Ensure clarity, accuracy, professional aesthetics and concision in information being presented
- Analyze marketing and communications tools and steer their usage in the company
- Maintain knowledge base of reports, one-sheets, presentations and videos
- Ensure consistent messaging and adherence to brand standards and best practices
- Facilitate and optimize information flow around the company, including to and from the executive leadership team
- Excellent presentation, communication and analysis skills including use of software including Photoshop, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Strong analytical skills – must be able to fully immerse in label workflows and understand processes, communication goals and stakeholder needs from the highest levels down to the smallest details
- Understanding of the music marketplace powering today and tomorrow's marketing efforts
- Experience with digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics using platforms such as Google Analytics and other dashboards
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity
- 5+ years in marketing communications, creative agency, or similar fields. Music industry experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.