Team and Role Overview
We are looking for an experienced Director of Marketing and Communications to oversee all marketing, communications, creative, and brand operations of the company and develop its strategy and vision. In this role you will own the development, team execution, and team leadership for corporate messaging, public relations, social media campaigns, story-telling, brand positioning, launch webcasting, and announcement events. As the team leader of these functions, you will provide communications services supporting Relativity core business units and functions. As a hands-on team manager, you will develop and promote our compelling story to multiple audiences in a variety of digital and physical mediums.
1. Team Leadership – Initially manage direct reports responsible for creative and brand, and lead the growth of the team as needed for initiative scope and goals. This includes overall budget, strategic roadmap, and personnel development and management.
2. Marketing and Communication - Develop content for strategic customer engagements, fundraising, and story-telling purposes. Create all marketing material for internal and external use. Collaborate with the Sales and Business Development team on all client acquisition strategies and with the People Team for all internal communication content. Prepare internal newsletter and support from a visual perspective any internal events such as Offsite and All-Hands.
3. Public Relations and Media - Create, plan and execute media events and campaigns. Develop media calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists. Execute communications programs in support of strategic events, conferences, and recruitment efforts. Represent Relativity at public events, manage speaking engagements, and liaise with the media. Pitch stories to the trade and general press and ensure media coverage is accurate and maximizes impact. Write/edit talking points, executive speeches, FAQs, presentations and other content. Prepare executives for speaking engagements.
4. Brand Builder - Build the Relativity brand to position the company innovatively with diverse audiences. Support internal and external brand awareness and attachment. Create employee branding in partnership with the People team to increase visibility and attract a strong funnel of candidates. Identify strategic marketing and impact partnerships that will help to elevate the brand.
5. Social Media – Drive and execute our social media strategies to increase Relativity visibility and have strong coverage for diverse audiences. Contribute to candidate pipeline by creating an exciting employee branding on appropriate channels.
6. Vendor Management - Identify, engage, and negotiate vendor agreements — identify the resources we need as the company grows.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- B.A./B.S. degree in communications, marketing, business, public relations or equivalent
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in public relations, ideally in aerospace, technology companies, or a related industry
- Experience in fast-pace start-up environment
- Excellent communications skills, including creative writing and verbal
- Ability to manage complexity and at working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong planning, prioritizing skills with ability to manage and execute on simultaneous projects
- High creativity and strong sense of aesthetic
- Ability to partner closely with stakeholder and support function teams
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with social media channel development and fundraising support
- Strong business acumen
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.