Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
About the team:
The CRM Team is a highly cross-functional group that sits at the heart of the Member Experience Team and works in close partnership with Marketing and Creative, eCommerce, Product, Data, and Community Support. We design and execute member lifecycle campaigns that ease onboarding, drive engagement, and nurture loyalty, conduct member surveys, track key member metrics, and steer the development of our communication platform.
Who we're looking for:
The Director of CRM will be responsible for driving our acquisition, engagement and retention strategies. You will lead our CRM operations and create an efficient member lifecycle campaign muscle across prospecting, onboarding, retention and loyalty. We’re looking for an innovative leader that relies on a mix of art and science making data-informed decisions to deliver a holistic, seamless member experience. You’ll be empowered to refine the automation and personalization of our CRM efforts to ensure that we’re delivering the right message, in the right channel, to the right person, at the right time.
Ideal candidates will have the marketing and technical savvy to shape our CRM product roadmap and analytical chops to measure success while obsessing about our member journey. You’ll bring hands-on experience working collaboratively across teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This role will optimize our existing CRM capabilities and guide the build-out of our multi-channel capabilities through in-house development and 3rd party tools. You’ll develop CRM strategies designed to maximize the return on investment from marketing activities across products for all key stakeholders. The Director of CRM will report to the VP of Member Experience.
What you'll do:
- Work to define and deepen our understanding of Zwifter segments leveraging our rich behavioral data
- Develop a comprehensive CRM strategy that engages Zwifters with personalized, targeted, and relevant campaigns across all lifecycle stages to encourage acquisition, loyalty and monetization
- Create and implement best practices for optimizing the frequency and sequencing of communications across multiple CRM channels while ensuring compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR
- Lead buy vs. build decisions related to CRM tools and capabilities including evaluating, onboarding, and integrating with new vendors and technology that simplify and speed up processes while increasing campaign effectiveness
- Own and drive the analysis of all campaigns based on clearly defined success metrics and find opportunities to level up
- Devise and implement a testing program to enable experimentation aimed at increasing the effectiveness of CRM efforts as we continuously launch and learn
- Partner with Marketing and Creative, eCommerce, Product, and Community Support to define and implement campaigns that align and contribute to business plans
- Drive reporting to the broader organization to ensure that performance and our member journey is shared and understood for improvement and collaboration
- Have fun and become an engaged member of the Zwift community
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience leading a CRM team at a high growth, community-centric or member/ subscription driven consumer brand
- Direct experience in building and developing member messaging journeys that utilize multiple channels including remarketing, email, push, in-app and beyond
- Proven ability to synthesize and interpret data and customer insights into successful engagement strategies
- Obsessed with driving positive member experiences through all CRM channels via engaging messaging and relevant content
- A hands-on leader with deep experience in talent development and performance management
- Expert-level knowledge of Marketing Automation software with a perspective on the best-in-class vendors in the market
- Strong project management skills, excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
- Demonstrated success in developing collaborative relationships across departments to drive tangible results especially in an environment with multiple stakeholders
- Self-awareness and openness to feedback from all levels of the organization
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with localization and managing multi-lingual campaign pipelines
- Familiarity/ competence with Segment.io, Customer.io, and/or Sendgrid
- Experienced Zwifter
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.