Director, Commercial Marketing/Label Relations
Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline's artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
Caroline is looking for a Director, Commercial Marketing/Label Relations to be a part of the Caroline Commercial Marketing Team. This role will oversee commercial marketing promo with select physical and digital partner accounts, as well as, partnering with our labels/managers/artists to develop & execute on campaigns that navigate the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with various Caroline/Capitol/UMG team departments under the direction of the VP, Commercial Marketing, Caroline.
- Label Relations: Working directly with Caroline labels on identifying opportunity for their release schedule, organizing bi-weekly call agendas and ensuring goals are being met via reporting and Caroline team communications
- Artist Relations: liaise directly with managers and artists during specific promo events to ensure execution runs smoothly
- Partner Account Lead: act as the primary point of contact for Caroline repertoire across a number of partner accounts
- Product Forecast/P&L/Budgeting: Project sales potential and monitor/advise on best product cost structures resulting in reasonable marketplace valuation at retail while providing maximum profitability margins with built in per-unit marketing funds.
- Product Production: Liaise with production teams on sourcing the most appropriate and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Marketing Strategy: Work with partners to create dynamic/engaging marketing campaigns that drive commercial results.
- Marketing Liaison: When not running a campaign, the candidate will be responsible for guiding our label partners on creating well thought out and creative plans.
- PR Outreach & Guidance: Help to suggest appropriate PR teams for our partners and act as the lead in liaising with them on the creation of a strong PR campaign that compliments the other marketing and sales activities.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the Caroline digital department to ensure that our partners are creating creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
- Community Relations: Understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of vinyl music sector with experience of events, networks, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing.
- Catalog Promotions: Through a series of reporting, keep a watchful eye on title performance and suggest promotional opportunities to further exploit or event-ize revenue generating moments for our artist's catalogs
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
- Weekly Updates: Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities for Vinyl/Catalog releases. Also work with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise updates across the category.
- Label/Artist Courting: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is representative of the category in pitch meetings.
- Data Driven Analytics: Know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations.
- Culture Driven Focus: Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations.
- Caroline "branding"/visibility: Act as a "face" to Caroline, maintaining a presence at concerts and events.
- Experience strategizing and executing sales and marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on)
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to collaborate with PR, Promo, digital and marketing teams
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Advanced level artist/label relations experience needed
- 6+ years' experience in music industry sales and marketing
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at commercial/marketing platforms
- College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.