Director of Campaign Strategy and Operations
What is Heartbeat?
Heartbeat is a social marketing technology platform that connects the best brands in the world with nano-influencers and everyday people. See what it’s all about at www.heartbeat.com/ambassador and get paid to become on of our ambassadors.
We've been around since 2016 and we were just name a "Best Company to Work At" and "Startup to Watch" on Built in LA!
Learn more at Heartbeat.com before applying.
We're looking for a manager for our Campaign Strategy team, which executes brand campaigns with our network of over 200,000 nano-influencers. We're looking for someone with digital production or ad operations experience who can elevate the team to think strategically, run tech-enabled campaigns smoothly using our suite of platform tools. The person we're looking for will have experience managing a small team, delivering high quality work for brand clients, and creating and scaling processes to help build a growing team.
Please note that we are specifically looking for someone with 1+ years of management experience. If you don't have management experience on your resume, that's ok! We'll be hiring additional members of this team soon, and you may also apply for our current Community Coordinator role, which is more focused on Social Media Management and Marketing.
- Team Management - You have managed small (or large!) teams before, and understand that managing people is an art and a science. You know how to motivate your team around individual and company goals, and building a cohesive team culture is important to you. Please include examples of your management experience on your resume or cover letter to be considered.
- Excellent Operational Skills - You need to be highly organized, process-oriented, and adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously at a high standard, all while keeping multiple internal stakeholders updated on progress. Managing up is always important in a small organization, and we're looking for someone who can run a tight ship.
- Startup Mindset (aka Grit and Resilience) - We have 24 employees, so we're small, but growing quickly. We're looking for someone who enjoys an evolving role, and is eager to grow with us. If a changing role or adding new tasks to your plate as things evolves might bother you, then you might hesitate to apply. Our employees are incredibly excited by our company's growth and what that means for their own personal career progression.
- Communication Skills - As a manager, you'll be the one communicating expectations to your team. You're a pro at providing positive feedback, and also at providing constructive criticism while keeping your cool. You're empathetic, and you also have the company's best interest at heart (see what we did there). You'll be working cross-functionally with teams who rely on you to communicate your needs and speak your mind. If you're not comfortable speaking up in a constructive way, this role likely isn't for you.
- Social and Digital Marketing, or Agency Experience - You need to have a grasp of the modern social marketing landscape, especially as it relates to Instagram. Key advertising metrics on social: clicks, engagement, audience, reach, UGC, and conversion should all be terms you're familiar and comfortable with. The ideal candidate will have experience running influencer or social campaigns, email marketing campaigns, or other digital advertising campaigns. Agency experience is a plus.
- Creative and Quantitative Skills - At Heartbeat, we're both creative and analytical. In this role, you can expect to come up with creative ways to problem-solve around campaigns, or cool creative executive ideas, and you'll also be in charge of the team's tracking and analytics. You'll coach your team on these skills as well.
- The Basics - You need to know Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google docs, Facebook, and Instagram. Yes, it's cool for you to be on Instagram at work here.
What Our Campaign Strategists Do (aka the team you'll be managing!)
- Strategize the best ways to use our technology platform to help clients achieve their goals
- Help our team focus on repeat business and service that makes clients love our business as much as we do
- Optimize conversion of Heartbeat campaigns, getting as many great ambassadors into a campaign as possible
- Build audiences and ambassador segments using internal Heartbeat tools
- Data analysis across the UGC marketing campaigns we create on Instagram
- Be responsible for tone, visuals, and adoption of our clients' campaigns by our Ambassador audience
- Manage campaign logistics - shipping, quality control, and on-the-fly creative problem-solving
- Communicate with ambassadors/influencers via email, SMS, and our internal system
What You'll Learn
- How to build a business as part of one of the fastest growing startups in LA
- How to build and manage the largest Instagram UGC campaigns in the world
- The ins and outs of influencer and social media marketing
- How to nurture and grow a team of up-and-coming rockstars
Base $55-65K + bonuses + benefits, equity, and unlimited vacation. With base and goal-oriented bonuses, you can expect to make $120k+ yearly.