Safer Students. Better Learning. At GoGuardian our software is revolutionizing K-12 education by helping teachers and students tap the educational power of the internet in safe and inspiring ways. As the only solution in its space built exclusively by, for, and with educators, it's easy to see why GoGuardian was just named Inc. 500's fastest growing Education company and 5th fastest growing Software company.
Based in our El Segundo office, the Copywriter is responsible for creating dynamic customer-facing content that attracts prospects and drives conversions. You will work with the Marketing Team to determine ideas for blog posts, white papers, editorial articles, and other content to produce and distribute through owned and earned marketing channels.
You won’t just be writing: you’ll also be staying abreast of education trends, particularly educational technology trends, shifts in pedagogy, and how new tools are being incorporated into K-12 classrooms. You’ll spend time talking to colleagues about how to make education better, watching industry live streams, and helping us keep students safer.
Note: this position will work out of our El Segundo office and is not a remote opportunity.
· Work with the marketing team and across the company to produce polished, compelling content that our customers will actively seek out
· Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. Craft messages to specific, thought-influencing personas, and execute them beautifully
· Review content produced by teammates, both within the marketing team and across the company, to ensure that everything is awesome all of the time
· Develop new approaches to get great content in front of the right people
· Determine sources for content creation, both internally and externally
· Draft in-product messages, wording, and feature descriptions
· Stay up-to-date with the latest education technology trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar and contribute to framing relevant conversations with our community
· College Degree, or equivalent work experience, ideally in education, English/journalism, communications, or marketing
· A five-star general’s command of the written English language, and ability to craft catchy, concise marketing copy for various channels. Our customers have very high standards, and you will not have the safety net of an editor.
· Working knowledge/ability to follow various style guides, in keeping with the brand guidelines and buyers’ journeys
· Flexibility and adaptability. Things change rapidly here, and being able to dive into new projects while keeping the pulse of ongoing efforts is key
· A fearless, driven, and organized brain. We want people who aren’t afraid to pitch new ideas, aren’t afraid of failure, and aren’t afraid of disagreeing (politely and constructively!) with colleagues
· Attention to detail, both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across our content
· Flexibility and adaptability. You’ll need to be a self-starter who takes initiative and adapts well to shifting projects and priorities.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description