Community Relations Manager (Venice)
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Ensure success through development and expansion of local community relationships
- Participate in community meetings, representing Bird in a formal capacity before neighborhood organizations, business groups, boards and commissions
- Partner with local advocacy groups
- Coordinate events and team building activities
- Act as a liaison for our Government Partnerships and Communications teams
- Work with initial launch team to evaluate and execute on areas of expansion
- Build relationships with local businesses to ensure successful placement of Bird scooters
- Hold monthly training sessions for new chargers
- Coordinate shipments for charger pick up
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Community relations management experience preferred
- Strong marketing skills
- Transportation background is a plus
- Government relations or experience working with community leaders is a strong plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description