Community Manager (Social Media), Sports
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands (with no signs of slowing down) making us one of the top subscription box services in the world! We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate our amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
The Sports Crate Community Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and passion for connecting with current and future customers. You are responsible for representing Sports Crate as part of the front-facing Community team on various social media channels. This digital-savvy employee is responsible for creating original content, while also moderating and serving the Looter community by assisting with customer support issues. You should have your finger on the pulse of current social topics and trends. You must be an independent thinker, who can also motivate your fellow community team members. You should anticipate and understand our customers' needs and desires while remaining professional and communicating Loot Crate's objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Moderating and handling customer support questions and concerns on Sports Crate - MLB and NBA, social media channels such as (but not limited to) : Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit and various forums.
- Creating strategies for original and engaging content on social media channels which you will oversee as lead on your vertical(s), while staying true to the Sports brand.
- Representing the Community team as a liaison to assigned brand and product teams for partnership and limited edition crates.
- Ability to communicate to partners through co-marketing efforts.
WHAT DEFINES SUCCESS:
- Ability to communicate goals regarding the brands you represent to the rest of the team, while also showcasing passion and interest in related crate lines.
- Ability to provide an engaging point of contact for the Sports Crate Community through social media content and moderation, specific to the Anime community and their likes/dislikes/trends.
- May expand into leading offline events, participating at trade shows and conventions, managing contests, etc.
- Ability to manage time and delegate tasks in order to complete daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Self-motivator that can budget time during work hours effectively.
- Passion for Sports!
- Experience in community / social media in the sports industry
- 2-3 years of hands-on social media experience with an understanding of analytics programs and social platforms.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Advanced understanding of grammar and ability to write engaging copy.
- Standard Photoshop and layout skills are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field is required.