Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers operating the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Our Communications team fuels organic growth by introducing new shoppers to our platforms and retail stores, engaging current customers, and bringing GOAT Group brands to life through creative storytelling. We are looking for a self-starting Communications Coordinator to support our internal and external Communications efforts across GOAT Group. Working with our Director of Communications and Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will play an integral role in supporting the day-to-day communications activity for both GOAT and Flight Club, including media outreach and event organization. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, organized, collaborative, strategic, with a passion for sneakers and 2-3 years experience in Communication or Public Relations.
In this role you will:
- Help brainstorm content and story ideas to earn organic media coverage
- Assist in pitching and secure features, product placements, roundups and brand mentions
- Keep Comms folders organized and up-to-date with boilers, descriptors and creative assets
- Coordinate across Marketing, Brand, Engineering, and Talent to execute both internal and external communications projects
- Copy edit press materials including pitches, fact sheets and product feature overviews
- Collaborate with Marketing to help conceive and execute events generating brand awareness and PR value, including in-store activations, experiential events, store openings/new markets; secure pre and post event press coverage.
- Participate in execution of press previews and media tours
- Monitor news coverage and identify potential story opportunities, stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends
- Track and clip press coverage
- Assist with production during media opportunities
- Compile weekly and campaign reports
- Maintain global media lists
We are looking for:
- 2+ years Communication or Public Relations experience at an agency, in-house, or both
- Knowledge of and interest in sneakers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and and willingness (and ability) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits and perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary and 401(k) and meaningful equity grants
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation policy
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description