College & Lifestyle Marketing Representative - UNITED STATES (Multiple Locations)
Universal Music Group's youth marketing division, UMUSIC Experience, is currently seeking College & Lifestyle Marketing Representatives across the US including Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Greensboro, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Phoenix, Raleigh, San Francisco, Seattle and other various markets. The UMUSIC Experience reps play an integral role in the development of UMG's artists' careers at all levels.
The ideal UMUSIC Experience rep is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus and community activities. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters on campus, at retail shops, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG's artists.
The position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry.
- Create local marketing plans that target the 18-24 demographic that maximize visibility for UMG artists' content, releases, and tour dates
- Build, maintain and leverage a database of local partners who define and influence culture including promoters, social influencers, writers, the tech community, lifestyle shops, club nights, content creators, and more
- Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
- Coordinate local events and content that will be produced by the UMUSIC Experience team
- Assist with in-store signings, merchandising venues, pop-up events, and store promotions
- Promote, attend and report on concerts for UMG artists
- Pitch artists' content for college and local media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
- Scout & submit musical talent for UMG label and publishing signing consideration
- Prepare recaps that will be distributed to labels, managers, executives, and partners
- Occasionally work alongside other reps in task forces to build marketing plans and introduces strategies to interact with the 18-24 demographic and grow audience for our artists and content.
- Provide constant communication with the management team in Santa Monica, NYC, and Nashville
- The candidate must be an undergraduate with an ideal minimum of two years (four semesters) left before anticipated graduation date - REQUIRED
- Must be able to work 20 hours per week
- Must be able to attend shows coming through assigned market
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Outgoing creative thinker
- Great understanding of technology, online marketing, and social networking
- Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
- Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
- Video editing and design skills are a plus
- Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
- Must have access to reliable transportation, computer and a camera to document work
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.