Associate, Paid Search
Associate, Paid Search Position description
Are you looking for your first gig in the world of high velocity digital marketing?
In this entry-level position, you will receive intensive training and close mentorship in all aspects of Paid Search to assist with the delivery and management related services to a particular client and gain knowledge of the agency landscape.
This position is essential to the day-to-day running of the search account and requires an individual that works well in a team-based, dynamic environment. Whilst advanced critical thinking is not expected, we need you to be resourceful and demonstrate the initiative to participate in advanced projects.
Your journey with us will begin by attending Accelerate, a 4-day training program developed by the GroupM HR leads, alongside all entry level new hires across the agencies. Upon completing this program and as you are acclimated to the team, you will be responsible for the duties below.
- You will develop initial keyword lists, using identified brand territory for Search Manager's review industry, proprietary and agency tools
- Run search reports on a regular basis to mine for new keywords, creative text ad, pacing and overall spend
- Write initial drafts of creative text ads based on briefing materials, website content and client direction
- Traffic, upload, and QA keywords, harnessing the Bid Management Tool process
- Interface daily with direct search teams, engines and platforms to ensure continuous improvement.
- Participate in weekly search team meetings and offer ideas and suggestions to improve and evolve reporting processes, keywords, and creative
- Create Excel pivot tables, formulas, graphs, and charts
- Complete budget tracking documents and review with Search Manager
- Alert Manager of under or overspend, traffic abnormalities, and opportunities and optimization recommendations regarding spend and pacing the account
- Assist in record keeping, tracking reports and invoice reconciliation
- Stay on top of the latest updates regarding tools and User Interfaces (AdWords, Bing, Bid Management Platforms, eMarketer, SEMrush, Search Engine Land, AdCenter, AdGooroo, etc.)
- This is an entry level position. You don't need prior experience to qualify.
- If you have had an internship with an advertising/media agency or in a digital marketing role, and know the ropes, that's a major plus.
- You are adept in your use of MS Office, especially Excel. Having experience in Excel for data management and/or budgeting would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail.
- You'll thrive working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Most importantly, you better be eager to learn, be adaptable, and have a strong interest in the advertising/media industry.
Get all the benefits of working with Fortune 1,000 clients in a dynamic and open environment where we take pride in what we do. We are looking for smart, hardworking professionals to drive business results as a member of the GroupM family.
GroupM is a WPP company. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services, with 158,000 employees around the globe. Within WPP, GroupM is the consolidated media investment management operation and parent company to world-famous media agencies.
[m]Platform supports the organic search, paid search, paid social, programmatic, and AdOps practices of several GroupM operating companies. Each of these is the agency of record for many of the world's top advertisers.
The work environment is an upbeat, positive, and comfortable one that cultivates creativity and innovation. We have offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, Atlanta, and Seattle.
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.