Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire go-getters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Only results should satisfy you. You use analytic thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers, believers, part-time comedians, and go-getters. Which are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are building an HR platform to be used by thousands of small businesses. Due to impressive growth of Bambee’s business, and to find new ways to do right by our customers, we’re looking for an analyst ninja to join the team. But we’re not just looking for anyone.
Success for this role requires someone who is highly accurate, able to cope with ambiguity, and relentlessly drives himself/herself and others on the team to raise the bar as it relates to data.
The right person in this role will have an insatiable appetite not just for getting data, but for getting CORRECT data. You’ll quickly find that answers are never as clear-cut as you’d like, you’ll likely have to cross-check data against several different systems, and even then you’ll likely be stuck without all you need (or think you need) to present an iron-clad case. Instead you’ve got to get some solid data, ensure we have more solid foundations, and help position us for better things ahead. You will surely have some strong statistical chops, but you also need to deal with the data limitations of today AND push us for what we need to have when we scale up as a company, so we’ll be better poised to action the compelling insights you uncover.
Sound like you? Great! Then read on!
Who You Are
- Curious about data. Needs to ask lots of questions, and venture deeper and deeper into the available data to find patterns, hidden business opportunities, and theories that can be tested/refined.
- Determined. He/she needs to be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and dive deep, not letting go until he/she has come up with a solid argument (and hopefully cross-referenced across a number of different sources to help validate the accuracy.
- Highly organized. If you present data in two different spreadsheets for the same KPI and they’re different, you’re done. Success at Bambee on this front comes from triple-checking your data, reviewing and re-reviewing your findings with others to ensure you haven’t missed anything based on the way our data is currently structured.
- A concise communicator. If the perfect candidate was a role in a film, with his or her own trading card, this character’s line would be “Just the fact, ma’am.” He or she will know how to cut through the noise and chaos of the data surrounding us all and decisively pull out the learnings, distilling them down into actionable chunks, conveying those learnings clearly to those around him or her, and then moving on to the next challenge.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain all marketing analytics reports. Provide all levels of data to various stakeholders, including senior management, on daily, weekly, monthly, etc actuals. Find trends, opportunities, areas of risk, and ensure the right level of data is being communicated to the right teams.
- Set, maintain, and enforce data capture standards. This includes capturing the right events in our lead funnels to mapping out data models to ensure we’re collecting the right data at the right level for future use. Help us develop a model that can be used in the future as we scale our business.
- Join disparate datasets from several different systems and pivot the data to find insights. This may include transactional data, like lead conversion rates by source, or it may be more qualitative like the results of NPS surveys or online reviews to capture (and ultimately mine) customer sentiment, or ultimately both types of data. Additionally, this could scale to include large datasets of unstructured data, like customer review feedback, call center recordings, chat transcripts, etc. The ideal candidate could equally traverse both structured and unstructured data, always on the hunt for finding connections and insights that the rest of us where blind to but could hugely benefit from your buried treasure chests-full of data.
- Turn data into insights. We can easily flood ourselves with data. That’s not what we’re interested in. Instead we’re looking for someone special who can uncover insights hiding in the data and be able to present the findings and the opportunities in a business-friendly (and understandable!) way.
- Run A/B tests. Again. Again. And Again. Work with business owners to construct theories, design experiments, capture data, report insights based on findings, and repeat. Endlessly.
- Own, audit, and maintain our tagging systems and practices. You’ll likely find that several pixels aren’t firing, not just in our core system, but perhaps even with an outside firm. But either way, when it comes to tag management, data validation and auditing, you are ensuring that Google Analytics results are within spitting distance of our own CRM data.
- Analyze, interpret, and understand marketing campaigns and channel performance. The successful candidate here will be able to do a complete teardown on a paid media channel like Facebook and point to seven different reasons why conversion rate has increased but CPL has stayed flat. He or she will be the point person conveying findings to the head of Marketing, CEO, and others.
- Analyze and monitor sales performance. You’ll be working with a number of different dimensions (self-service vs assisted, calls vs chats, etc). Track sales and marketing activities across a number of different touchpoints, and find ways to optimize our experiences to drive better conversions and engagement levels.
- Excels in fast-paced environment
- Strong Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving Skills
- Desire to work in startup environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
- Candidate must be able to regularly lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds.
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications, and Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in Analytics
- Experience with setting an ETL process from a NoSQL database to RDBMS
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with a RDBMS system like Redshift
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Bambee is an affordable on-demand human resource product for small business. Less than 5% of small to medium sized businesses have full time HR or legal departments. This often means they aren't compliant with federal state, state and local law. It also makes human resources related topics like employee terminations, hiring agreements, wage & hour compliance, corrective action, and managing department of labor claims, more stressful than they need to be.
Small businesses can't afford an entire human resource department. But now they can for only $99/mo. Bambee is an on-demand HR service for small to mid-sized businesses, all for less than the price of a cell phone bill.
Bambee is early-stage and venture-backed. Early stage and venture-backed, Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR. Our team is close-knit, passionate, easy-going, comedic, and lighting-fast.