Greater LA Area
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform that translates location data from the real world into targeting, measurement, and insight products for our customers. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to improve their campaigns with personalized messaging and drive measurable business results.
Founded in Santa Monica in 2011 as PaeDae, Gimbal has grown its offering over the years to include a best-in-class location management platform, Location SDK, and physical hardware (beacons) through the acquisition of Qualcomm-backed spinout of the same name. Most recently, Gimbal acquired Drawbridge’s media business to bring industry-leading location data and cross-device capabilities under the same roof.
Today, Gimbal’s HQ is located in sunny downtown Los Angeles. It also maintains satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, and Boston.
About the Job
The Marketing Associate role will be tasked with producing written content for the company’s website, sales marketing materials including one sheets, decks, case studies, and more. The role will be based in Gimbal’s Los Angeles-based headquarters. The ability to remain adaptable and prioritize needs and asks are important to success in this role, in addition to strong communication and organizational skills.
As a Marketing Associate at Gimbal, you will be a key member of a fast-paced and quickly growing team. You will be focusing on supporting the Sales team and assisting with content marketing initiatives that align with industry trends and company roadmap.
Who you are:
- Strong written and verbal communicator with an emphasis on translating technical topics into easy-to-understand tidbits
- Eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Self-directed, takes initiative with little direction
- Adaptable and able to shifts priorities
- Highly disciplined with exceedingly strong work ethic
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with Director of Marketing and PR Manager for various marketing initiatives including original content creation, event management, memberships, and award submissions
- Creating various sales collateral with the direction of Sales, Product, and Marketing
- Maintaining company newsletter for customer and product announcements
- Crafting messages for social platforms and working with PR Manager to maintain a consistent presence
- Managing and updating company’s FAQ document
- Maintaining internal marketing database
What you have:
- Experience writing content pieces
- Strong project management skills
- A strong understanding of the industry and the major players
- A good sense of humor
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint
- Proficient in Photoshop and WordPress
- Mailchimp and Google Analytics experience a plus
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company-paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan with match
- Subsidized gym membership and cell stipend
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen & weekly catered lunch
- Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description