Manager of Operational Web
The Manager of Operational Web will be part of the Offboard (cloud) Software Team, within the Software Engineering Division. The team works with other teams to develop the software front-end platforms that will run the Hyperloop One systems.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the software that operates the Hyperloop One system.
- Integrate hyperloop operational services with operational front ends, data warehouses, and platform services.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of design documents for the operational front-end systems.
- Ensure that uniformity is maintained in all operational front-end systems.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of software developers.
- Promote good software security practices at every stage of development.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proven successful experience in cloud and/or server development.
- Experience in a management role and technical project management.
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles, software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with safety related or safety critical systems.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience working with different front-end frameworks. (React, Vue, Angular, Etc.)
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud application with a large number of end users.
- Experience in developing uncoupled front ends that can be deployed separately from other services.
- Extreme passion for making complicated user interfaces easy to use.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.