Manager of Diagnostics & OTA
The Manager of Diagnostics & OTA (Over the Air Updates) will be part of the Software Architecture Team, within the Software Engineering Division. The team works with other teams to agree and architect the diagnostic and update technologies in use. The systems will span vehicles, infrastructure and cloud.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the diagnostic architecture processes.
- Lead the creation of diagnostics & OTA design specifications, and head up the repository for all network related knowledge.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of diagnostics tools for development, test and maintenance.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of diagnostic and software architects.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning physical and logical architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Has delivered automotive diagnostics and software update systems.
- Experience managing teams to create data dictionaries for diagnostics.
- Experience of UDS ISO 14229 from the automotive standards.
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, PTP and other ethernet protocols.
- Understanding of CAN, LIN and other networking technologies.
- Experience in working with and standardizing software diagnostic stacks across multiple embedded operating systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a people management position.
- Solid experience in network architectures, or similar role.
- Experience managing projects with both agile and waterfall methods.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or equivalent field.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.