Manager of Control Software
The Manager of Control Software will be part of the Embedded SW Team, within the Software
Engineering Division. The team works with other software teams to specify, develop and maintain the control software for all embedded control systems. Foremost this is owning complete operating system stacks, including networking and diagnostics, with the control algorithms on top, for multiple modules in the pod travelling through the Hyperloop tube.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the embedded control software processes.
- Working with other engineering teams:
- Build upon base realtime operating sytsems, networks and diagnostic stacks.
- Take models and algorthims from other engineers and develop the code.
- Fully specify, develop, integrate and test the critical control system software on top of the OS
- Lead grow and directly manage electronic and software engineers in detailed and critical work.
- Manage full product life cycle; prototype through manufacturing.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing network up-time.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning embedded architectures in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Expert in embedded software development.
- Expertise with multiple embedded operating systems.
- Deep understanding of IPCs, API and networking.
- Deep understanding of safety critical control software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Solid experience building embedded control systems.
- Experience in a management role and/or technical project management role.
- Experience with modern embedded linux stacks.
- Experience with modern embedded RTOS.
- Expereince with VHDL for FPGAs.
- Experience with safety critical systems.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Expertise in automotive or aerospace.
- Expetise in UML, and model based autocoding.
- Experience with Testing practices - unit, integration, and end-to-end.
- Experience with source control. (Git, Svn, )
- Experience with automation of developer activities.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.