RealtimeBoard is seeking their first Senior Counsel! We are having an abundance of growth and is looking for someone who is experienced in contractual, corporate and labor laws. This person will work very closely with our Finance, Sales and People team and will have the opportunity to build processes from scratch. This position can be remote.
What you’ll do
- Review, draft, negotiate and manage complex SaaS/Cloud and other agreements
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Work with business executives and other departments stakeholders on a broad range of complex legal, business, corporate governance, IP and strategic issues as they arise
- Tasks will be varied and may include intellectual property, hr, drafting documents and developing policies and processes that will scale as the company grows.
- Provide guidance to functional leaders on business and legal risks, company policies and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and execute global strategies related to data privacy and intellectual property.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience. In-house SaaS experience is a must, law firm experience is a plus.
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating strategic alliance, partnership, licensing, intellectual property and commerce-related agreements.
- Substantial understanding of intellectual property, labor law, licensing, privacy, data security, and commercial law.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to manage multiple urgent projects concurrently.
- Experience working with multiple business functions and clients (Finance, Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Human Resources).
- Excellent judgment and ability to craft creative solutions.
- Highly self-motivated to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- BA/BS degree and JD required.
- A team player who can work collaboratively and create strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels across the company; calm under pressure with empathy, humility, and a sense of humor.
- Remote work away from company’s San Francisco and Los Angeles offices is possible
What’s in it for you
- Excellent health benefits that includes medical, dental and vision
- Flexible time off
- Snack and drinks provided
- Brand new office coming soon
- Team outings and collaboration
RealtimeBoard is a leading visual collaboration platform for cross-functional teams in organizations of all sizes. Over 2 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have 8000+ paying customers from world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.