Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
- Provide legal guidance and advice to Renew’s pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) business on a range of regulatory matters
- Work closely with Renew’s business team to draft, negotiate, and close contractual agreements with business partners
- Design and oversee operational initiatives to comply with state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to Renew’s PBM business
- Prepare, advise and/or manage regulatory filings, licensing and reporting requirements
- Draft policies and edit existing policies to ensure Renew’s compliance with applicable state and federal law
- Coordinate and respond to compliance audits from Renew’s partners
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, and knowledge development across Renew to support Renew’s PBM business
Qualifications and experience:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with 5+ years of legal experience
- Experience at a top-tier law firm in healthcare
- Experience in-house in a compliance or regulatory role with a Medicare Advantage plan, a PBM, or other related healthcare organization
- California bar admission or eligibility to qualify as a California Registered In-House Counsel
- Independent, proactive mindset and willingness to tackle issues both large and small
- Highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative team player, who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders