Regulatory Compliance Engineer
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer is responsible for defining, implementing, and demonstrating continued compliance to a variety of federal, regulatory, and customer standards for a revolutionary high-speed transportation system.
- Evaluate, extract/data mine aviation, rail, OSHA, and international equivalent standards and assess applicability for Hyperloop One.
- Generate requirements at Level 1-3 and levy on subsystems.
- Develop safety specific failure mode scenarios for Hyperloop One.
- Develop design principles with respect to regulatory compliance to continuously review and improve the identification and application of elements of the corrective action process, including problem identification, failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction, recurrent control and verification of effectiveness.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, implement, and manage regulatory compliance accreditations and programs.
- Lead efforts to successfully complete and return customer and regulatory surveys and questionnaires with a focus on data accuracy and on-time completion.
- Support proposal teams from a compliance perspective.
- Experience working in technology development in aerospace or rail industry.
- Must have a track record working in a fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively.
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals.
- 7+ years of applicable experience.
- Proven experience in aerospace or rail industry.
- MS and/or PhD in an engineering discipline or a related field.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.