iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Paralegal will be a part of the in-house legal team and work on a variety of legal issues to provide assistance to the attorneys. The issues vary from reviewing a variety of contracts (including NDA and vendor agreements), drafting legal and other correspondence, administering internal compliance procedures/documentation in relation to privacy, coordinating legal work with internal departments, and working closely with outside counsel. The position requires great multi-taking skills and ability to properly prioritize various assignments according to the company’s needs.
- Create, maintain and update legal/compliance database
- Review and revise contracts such as NDAs and vendor agreements
- Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, negotiation, execution and management, including routing for signature, distribution and maintenance of contracts database
- Work with the IT group to administer documents in relation to privacy compliance requirements
- Work with outside counsel in relation to a variety of legal issues
- Provide litigation support to the legal team
- Provide support to the legal team in a variety of international legal issues related to the company’s continued growth
- Work closely with integrating the legal/compliance team within the organization by helping foster good relationships with all departments within the company
- Give assistance as requested by the attorneys or the iHerb Executive Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in the legal field as demonstrated through undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities or jobs and internships
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Ability to use fax, copier, computer and other office-related equipment
Requires a minimum of 5 years in a corporate paralegal role in an in-house corporate legal department and/or a large law firm reviewing and administering contracts. International experience is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Paralegal Studies or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Paralegal Certification is preferred.