Manager, Royalty & Copyright Business Affairs
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Manager of Royalty and Copyright Business Affairs. The Manager will be responsible for managing a team of attorneys and paralegals; contract interpretation, analysis and briefing; and acting as a liaison between label Business Affairs departments and the Royalties department. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, managing a team, analysing legal issues, and providing practical legal and business advice.
- Oversee a team of attorneys and paralegals who provide briefs of legal documents for Royalties accountings
- Review briefs and legal documents to ensure compliance
- Input of royalty rates and terms from briefs into Royalties translation system
- Research and answer issues that arise from both Label Business Affairs and Royalties department
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize work
- Ability to effectively motivate and manage staff
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous management experience and contract analysis experience required
- JD, paralegal or contract admin experience preferred
- BA/BS degree, JD degree or paralegal certificate, or similar experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.