Legal Support Associate
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Create reports/spreadsheets for attorneys based on case specifications and attorney requests
- Manage and organize legal correspondence and civil filings
- Coordinate and maintain case calendars and deadlines
- Complete, file, and maintain state, county, and city business license documents for various jurisdictions
- Summarize information relevant to evaluating claims
- Assist with compiling information for litigation
- Keep track of regulatory and tax requirements for various jurisdictions
- Provide administrative support to attorneys
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience at a law firm or in house legal department
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Experience using legal database software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and calendaring software programs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description