Legal Counsel, Employment
Greater LA Area
Reporting into the Director, Legal & Corporate Affairs, the Legal Counsel, Employment will be responsible for all employment-related legal matters.
In this role you will:
- Provide sound advice and counsel on a broad range of employment matters on a domestic and global scale
- Strategic employment litigation management, prevention and mitigation
- Draft a wide range of employment-related documents (e.g., employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, bonus letters, etc.)
- Provide critical support to the People team in the development and implementation of employment policies and best practices
- Support the Security team on any internal investigations Partner with internal stakeholders on cross-functional projects with employment law impact
- Provide training on key employment law issues
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team on employment issues
- Keep informed of employment laws and regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Research, develop and implement employment law related compliance procedures and best practices domestically and globally
- Actively participate in annual and multi-year strategic planning activities
We are looking for:
- JD from an accredited top tier law school
- Member of the State Bar of CA and in good standing
- 6+ years of employment law experience at a law firm and in-house legal department practicing CA and federal employment law, including employment counseling and litigation experience
- Strong curiosity about the business generally and a willingness to tackle a variety of employment matters
- Confident negotiator and advocate of the company and its principles
- Multi-state employment law experience is beneficial (specifically CA, NY, NJ and/or FL)
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and integrity with the ability to maintain privileged and confidential information
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description