Greater LA Area
LegalZoom.com is looking for a legal assistant to be the organizational and efficiency backbone of our Glendale, California legal team.
What you’ll do:
- Primary support for our risk, litigation, and government relations team.
- Production and organization of subpoena response materials.
- Litigation discovery coordination.
- Monitoring of and assistance with regulatory filings.
- Intellectual property monitoring.
- Basic legal research.
- Maintenance of legal department forms and files.
- Management and coordination of administrative functions within the department, including letter preparation and event coordination.
- Limited coordination with our transactional and legal product teams.
- Contribution to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- Either a BA/BS Degree or a paralegal certificate.
- Highest sense of professionalism and confidentiality. Must take professional responsibilities seriously in a casual working environment.
- Notary Public or willingness to quickly take notary certification course.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with change.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with members of the legal team and all levels of management.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook (including management of meetings and contacts), and related software applications.
- Comfort with simple calculations.
- Ability to have a good time in a casual atmosphere, while working hard and meeting expectations!
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Read Full Job Description